Welcome to my online trading journal! The purpose of this journal is so that I can keep track of my performance and learn from my mistakes. Your input is always welcome as long as it is constructive, so if you have an opinion please feel free to share it.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

tuesday, Aug, 2 2011 usd/chf

I went short on usd/chf after a ND bar in a down trend. My SL was set above the high of the previous bar. After a substantial move down I decided to close the position because there was NSP (no selling pressure) and I didn't want to keep  a position open during the Asian session, however when I closed the position something amazing happened. It was 17:59 EST when I pushed the close button, the price was at 0.7655. One second after I hit close the price dropped 50 pips, filled my order at 0.7613 (43 pips lower then I closed at), and then shot back up to 0.7643 all within one minute. What is even more strange is that the next 1 minute bar had almost 2x the vol.

Initial Risk: 35    Result: + 93

No comments:

Post a Comment